SPLD and ADHD assessments
As part of the educational psychology assessment we carry out in-depth assessments of specific learning difficulties. These include specific difficulties with working memory, processing speed, reading difficulties (such as dyslexia), maths difficulties (dyscalculia) and/or writing difficulties (dysgraphia).
We carry out ADHD assessments that are in keeping with NICE guidelines.
- Assessment of cognitive functioning
- Formal assessment of attention skills
- Discussions with key adults (parents, school staff, and/or other professionals)
- Questionnaires completed by your child, parents and/or school staff
- This can also include an observation of the child in their school environment
At present, I do not carry out ASD assessments in my private practice due to a lack of capacity. This should be a multi-disciplinary team assessment, and it is important that it is done in this way. I am happy to have a chat to sign post onto other services.